Eligibility & Benefits
Are you a high school senior or a KSU student who identifies with the Hispanic and Latino community? If so, we invite you to join our program that introduces you to peers with similar interests as well as high-touch academic and financial aid resources to assist you on your journey at Kennesaw State University. We work closely with Program participants to provide support and opportunities in order for Hispanic and Latino students to graduate at rates equal to or higher than their peers.
As a participant in the HOLA Program, you will receive individualized attention from your graduation coach, who will monitor your progress, greatly contributing to your success at KSU. In addition, your Program Coordinator will assist you in completing the FAFSA every academic year, as well as helping you find and apply for scholarships.
Additional benefits of joining the HOLA Program include:
- A one-stop-shop of academic support uniquely tailored to your needs
- Academic and co-curricular experiences through individual academic coaching and exclusive enrichment activities
- Access to financial aid and scholarships
- Access to our exclusive lounge area, Sala de Logros para Estudiantes, only for RRPG Program Participants
- Textbook and Scientific Calculator rentals
- An opportunity to give back to the community by participating in outreach and recruitment events with our Program Coordinator (ex. Latino Youth conferences, high school visits, and more)
Admission into the HOLA Program is limited. Prospective applicants must meet with following eligibility requirements:
- Be accepted or enrolled as an undergraduate students at Kennesaw State University
- Have and maintain an adjusted cumulative GPA of 2.0 in either high school or college level coursework
- Self-identify as Hispanic or Latino
- Complete the FAFSA every academic year
The HOLA Program will provide you with a variety of academic, financial, and co-curricular opportunities. Accepted program participants are expected to:
- Carry a full course load with a four year graduation plan
- Participate in program meetings and activities
- Agree to sign a learning contract which will assist with setting and completing your academic and personal goals
- Join a minimum of one registered student organization, Greek Life organization, or a program through the Center for Student Leadership
- Serve as a mentor to new HOLA Program participants
- Attend HOLA Program New Student Orientation
We invite you to apply for the HOLA Program for the upcoming academic year. Note, only online applications will be accepted.Click here to apply!
If you have any questions, please contact the HOLA Program via email at HOLA@kennesaw.edu.
Bienvenidos a KSU!